How to Stay Healthy During Cold and Flu Season
As the temperatures change and winter appears to be fast approaching, we must also embrace the dreaded cold and flu season. Although the physicians see billions of cold cases annually, some lucky individuals miraculously dodge the virus. Do they possess a super immunity? Or have they figured out ways to keep their immunity boosted?
So, wouldn’t it be nice to be part of the lucky group and avoid succumbing to a cold? There happens to be some simple actions each one of us can do to keep our immunity strong.
1. Although this sounds very basic…the simple activity of hand washing happens to be the most effective measure in preventing the spread of colds and flu. Make sure you are washing for a full fifteen seconds to achieve effective cleanliness.
2. Getting a proper night’s sleep with at least eight hours keeps the body healthy. Sleep deprivation can quickly lead to health problems.
3. A healthy diet which includes fruits, veggies, Whole grains, and lean protein to provide adequate nutrition essential to maintaining immunity.
4. Add exercise to your daily routine. Exercise has many benefits. Researchers have found that individuals who exercise regularly generally suffer less from stress, anxiety, and depression which wreak havoc on the immune system.
5. Keep your body well with proper hydration. Drink at least eight glasses of water daily.